We looked at Luke 17:20 through Luke 18, at church and I saw humility as being the theme that kept arising:
- The kingdom of God is not some secret thing, but something that happens within and among us.
- It requires humility to keep praying about the same thing over and over.
- Humbling ourselves in prayer is a good thing: being in need, coming under God.
- Babies are humble and give us a picture of how to act toward God.
- To follow God means everything we have and are is at God's disposal, everything is His.
- God rewards the humble person. If you and I give, God will give back.