1 Samuel 7:2
What do you expect, from God? Do you have high hopes and great expectations? Children often have expectations for birthdays, Christimas, and even the first day of School. After a good first date, a person may build expectations for a relationship with that other person.
I think we need to cultivate high expectancy towards God. The two blind men that Jesus healed had expectancy:
Then Jesus touched their eyes and said, “It will happen for you just as you have believed.” -Matthew 9:29Jesus often said, "your faith has healed you". These people sought Jesus, asked for healing, Jesus healed them. Before or after healing them, Jesus would make the comment, "your faith has healed you".
- When Jesus turned and saw her, he said, “Be encouraged, daughter. Your faith has healed you.” And the woman was healed from that time on. -Matthew 9:22
- He responded, “Daughter, your faith has healed you; go in peace, healed from your disease.” -Mark 5:34
- Jesus said, “Go, your faith has healed you.” At once he was able to see, and he began to follow Jesus on the way. -Mark 10:52
- Jesus said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you. Go in peace.” -Luke 7:52
- Daughter, your faith has healed you,” Jesus said. “Go in peace.” -Luke 8:58
- Jesus said to him, “Receive your sight! Your faith has healed you.” -Luke 18:42
You long for something you don’t have, so you commit murder. You are jealous for something you can’t get, so you struggle and fight. You don’t have because you don’t ask. -James 4:2People want things so bad that they would kill for it. We hope that James was talking figuratively, because he was writing to believers. We, even believers, hate people, and have an ugly inner struggle to have what they have. But, James says that, "you have not because you ask not".
Ask God for what you want, what you need. We don't have a sense of entitlement towards God, but we relate to God as the benevolent King, who has adopted us in Christ, to be his children. He is the good King, the good Father. He takes good care of his kids.
What are your expectations towards God? What have you been waiting for, for a long time? Do you yearn for more of the Lord?
When Jesus passes by or comes near to you, will you be expectant, or bitter from the long time of disappointment? Is your faith expectant?
God can do anything. I have great expectations for what God will do. If God delays, my expectancy only increases. The longer the wait, the greater the blessing..